INside Innovation--Down to the Wire.

Posted by: Bruce Nussbaum on May 26, 2006

We’re hours away from pushing the button (or whatever production does) and sending the premier issue of IN—Inside Innovation to the printers. And guess what? We’re still debating the cover with Modernista! They’re sending us new concepts as we count down and they are so great. I don’t know which one we’ll pick. But it better be soon.

So what have we built? I’m a believer in perfection being the enemy of innovation, right, so, issue #1 is our first iteration. It will change and get better. But I do love it so. We have an incredible cover story full of amazing individuals and showing how they are trying to change their business cultures. We have a case study of a brilliant new service innovation. We have deep dives into design thinking, a new place for CEOs to find managerial talent, a car that goes for over $700,000 and is unbelievably fast and feline—and more, I promise you.

This is education at its best. The “how” of how to make innovation work in your company—and in your non-business organization, like society in general. It’s granular, full of real-life examples, yet exquisite in execution.

We have an amazing team. I think I’ll stop now and calm down. The flow is killing me.

Pattie Anne

May 26, 2006 9:27 PM

The Champgane is chilled and the praises are ready!
Here's to Design's Favorite GodFather!!! Bravo!!!

skeptic

May 26, 2006 9:41 PM

Please tell me this is something more than another IDEO publicity free-for all. Please let me know that you're writing about the teams of engineers, designers and marketing professionals creating innovation and not just star designers who fail to credit their staff. Please talk about how hard it is to get support from upper management for a product that does not fall neatly into an existing business unit instead of crowning another cell phone the breakthrough du jour

Roger Dennis

May 29, 2006 11:00 AM

Please send me one to New Zealand! (or at least tell me how I can get one in New Zealand...)

designer

June 6, 2006 5:15 PM

felix sockwell

June 8, 2006 2:38 AM

there are some great insights to this magazine here: http://www.designobserver.com/

perhaps, if Bruce will allow us to sample his "Innovation" free of charge?

Tim Schwartz

June 8, 2006 4:08 PM

You write about INside Innovation, but I see nowhere how I can get a copy. A communication falure???

Mehbs Remtulla

June 9, 2006 9:27 PM

Seems like a natural follow up to the wonderful CREATIVITY issue Bruce did last August and events like the one at Rotman School of Business in November. Congratulations and now how do we get a copy-close the sale Bruce!

Mehbs