Cancer research in China

Posted by: Bruce Einhorn on May 26, 2006

For a change, some good medical news to report from China. Lately the country has been rocked by scandals, with several cases of fake or faulty drugs getting surprisingly big headlines in the official press. But there are lots of honest doctors in China doing first-class research. Today, they got a boost as European drugmaker AstraZeneca announced that it plans to invest $100 million to expand R&D in China over the next three years. In a press release, CEO David Brennan gushes about China’s commitment to upgrading its pharma industry: “AstraZeneca welcomes and supports the Chinese government’s continuing policy to recognize investment in knowledge transfer and R&D innovation by strengthening IP protection, and ensuring timely market access for Chinese patients to innovative products, at prices which recognise the value of innovation.”

Especially interesting is AstraZeneca’s plan to focus first on cancer research. As China’s economy grows and people grow wealthier, more and more Chinese are dying from cancer, cardiovascular disease, and strokes - i.e. the sorts of things that Americans die from. The government in Beijing as a result is paying more attention to cancer research. With China now joining the war on cancer, the result might be saved lives in China and in the rest of the world too.

charles garant

June 2, 2006 9:45 PM

i am looking for the name of the company in china developing ultrasound treatment for cancer a dr zhu is involved with the univ of beijing med school

bob goddard

June 7, 2006 2:11 PM

I believe it is China Medical Technolgies CMED.

Walter French

September 8, 2006 12:21 PM

I too would like to know the name and other relevent details of the company that can cure some cancers, I would be interested in buying some shares in the business

Edward Jones

October 8, 2006 12:40 PM

I would like to know more of Dr Zhu's non-invasive treatment of cancer. How does this type of treatment resemble Ultrasound theraphy? Is Dr. Zhu's treatment as effective as current therapies?

Paul Norton

October 9, 2006 10:27 PM

Dr. Zhu is making headway in Beijing Medical School. Could someone please pass on the name of the company he is working with the ultrasound project. Is this helpful in treating tumors? Thank you for this information.

Andy

October 26, 2006 1:30 AM

To all cancer patients, don't give up your hope. The technology for curing cancer are improving fast.

Pierre Frudeau

November 14, 2006 9:07 PM

I just received an investment pitch in the mail from Mark Scousen on an ultrasound technology for treating cancer. It mentions Dr Zhu and through searching key words and phrases, I deduced the company he's promoting as an investment is China Medical, symbol cmed.
Looks and sounds interesting.

paul meyerhoff

November 19, 2006 9:38 PM

i am aware of two companies providing high intensity focused ultrasound therapy (hifu) for cancer therapy, china medical technologies and chongqing haifu. the latter recently made a deal with siemens to use mri's in coordination with hifu. the former has a small arrangement with g.e. (g.e. owns 3% of the company. the questions i have are: which of the two companies has patent rights and which of the two therapies would show the most promise?

Richard Schneider

November 24, 2006 1:52 PM

What is the name of the chinese company using a non-invasive technique to cure cancer?

robmush

November 24, 2006 9:19 PM

is the chongqing haifu company public or do you have to play SI to get the pin action

zane

December 1, 2006 3:17 PM

hello, i would like to know about the company that is providing these medical breakthroughs.thank you

JB

December 10, 2006 5:24 PM

I’m not sure that ‘chongqing haifu’ is or went public. There is no symbol for that Co.. Any one who have – spit it out, please!

HC

December 11, 2006 12:46 AM

I googled "chongqing haifu" and found this website. I don't know anything about the company and not sure if it is what you are looking for. But the main page does mention some new cancer treatment. Good luck!

Bryan Au

December 29, 2006 12:26 PM

There are all natural ways to cure cancer, it does not have to be a pill or drug!

I am not a medical doctor but from what I have read and from my research I have found a lot of evidence that a Plant Based Diet can reverse, prevent and often times cure cancer. A plant based organic vegan diet is very powerful in detoxifying the body so that it can heal itself, an amazing book titled The China Study has conclusive medical and scientfic facts and evidence that proves this point. In The China Study there are numbers, facts and figures that indicate how people in China that ate more plant based diets were very healthy while people who ate animal products and high protein diets had a lot more cancer and health problems. I am very concerned about this trend and believe that a plant based vegan organic raw diet is the key to reversing this modern epidemic and problem. Many health institutes, such as The Hippocrates Institute in West Palm Beach, Florida, across the United States are successfully reversing, treating/curing cancer by using raw organic plant based diets along with other all natural techniques such as Yoga and massage. The Hippocrates Health Institute has personal testimonials from their clients who were able to reverse and cure their cancers as a result, along with many other modern day diseases such as Diabetes II, asthma and more. I have written a raw organic plant based diet recipe book titled RAW IN TEN MINUTES in response to this growing cancer epidemic. My plant based vegan diet recipe book has very fast, easy, simple recipes that are plant based, vegan and formulated to be the most easy and delicious possible. I even modeled all of my recipes to look and taste like everyone's favorite comfort and junk foods but they are now actually raw organic and the world's most healthy all plant based recipes. People love it and I designed them to be the most delicious while being the most powerful cancer fighters as well. I am doing all that I can to point out that there is indeed an all natural cure to cancer, I have friends with real life medical proof and documentation that they were able to cure themselves with a 100% Raw Plant Based Diet. I want the world to know the benefits and to promote this healthy trend of awareness and awakening. There are very real effective all natural cures and choices and I want people to become aware of them and to benefit from them. Please look into: The China Study book, The Hippocrates Health Institute and RAW IN TEN MINUTES (available on Amazon.com). Please e-mail me for more information or for investment opportunities.

L.W.RUSSELL

January 1, 2007 3:41 PM

I WOULD LIKE THS NAME OF DR.ZHU'S COMPANY.
MAY BE A INTERESTING INVESTMENT.

Gaetan

January 9, 2007 5:08 PM

I agree with Andy at October 26, 2006 it is
China Medical, symbol CMED
it could be very interesting but so far it is not. to day was down by 0.74, lets hope for better times.

About chongqing haifu has not yet gone public.
If any one knows that went public please let us know.

Deductor

March 19, 2007 3:49 AM

I wanted to tell you that I've been eating primarily a vegan diet for the last seven months, with a lot of it being raw fruits and veggies. And its great! WBR LeoP

Mel

May 7, 2007 8:07 PM

I was a heavy meat eater & changed my diet to vegan. This happened when I was in my early 20's I am now 53 and have hardly missed a day of work. My grandfather eats mostly vegan, he will be 99 this summer,still drives & has all his faculties.Most of our family & friends are vegan & most all have very little health problems.Stress can be your biggest enemy even with a good diet.There has been health studies on vegans & on an average they live 7-10 years longer.Check with Loma Linda university aboout these studies.For vegeatrian cook books try the Adventist book centers.

Mostafa Abd-ElHadi

May 13, 2007 6:20 AM

My brother's suffering from Cancer in Liver in late condition. besides he has removed his Pancreas along ago . I need your help to find a treatment or is there a possiblity to make a Live transplant operation . please reply ASAP thanks

John Koroloff

June 24, 2007 7:06 PM

I am a retired college professor currently teaching in China. In the US I taught classes in employee wellness and the biology of obesity, aging and disease. I am familiar with the Cornell/Oxford China Study by Dr. T. Colin Campbell and have personally observed the profound differences in diet between people in America and China. The Chinese eat a plant based diet with fresh fruit and vegetables that originate from farms where food is grown by hand with little or no use of fertilizer, pesticides or herbicides. They also drink a lot of tea and virtually no coffee. In addition to that they walk a lot more than Americans.
America's health care financial crisis is, in my estimation, a life style crisis and the solution rests in adopting behaviors that prevent disease before it starts rather than treating the disease after it is full blown.

tohaa qureshi

February 16, 2008 9:08 AM

I wanna do something for all the people suffering from cancer. Please suggest me some or other research project based on plant. I am a student of plant physiology and biochem and very soon goona start research on cancer.

Mary

February 20, 2008 6:30 PM

Politics and greed will prevent the "cures" for cancer,heart disease and many other ailments from ever being "discovered." The standard American diet is what is killing us. Cut out the meat, fish, poultry, sugar and refined foods, and you will see people "cured" by the millions. But nobody stands to make a profit by proclaiming this truth, so the information, while out there, is kept quite or declared quackery. Too sad.

aruljothi

April 18, 2008 9:38 AM

i want to do my work on cancer in china..but i m an indian..can you suggest me best institutes doing research on prostate and breast cancer with treatment of emodin and arsenic...thank you..

Joseph Wactowski

June 9, 2008 8:31 AM

A great many in my family died of cancer. Obviously, I have an interest in this disease and keep up on the latest developments. Vegan diets not withstanding, can anyone comment on the latest news from Germany that doctors there had amazing success restricting terminally ill patients to VERY high protein only diets - such as meat - with a remission and/or cure rate of over 80%. It has been known for a long time that cancer cells are ravenous sugar eaters and protein only diets cut off their food supply.

Not Mary

September 3, 2008 2:15 PM

Mary,

Why do you people always come out with these dumb conspiracy theories?

WHY don't you stop wearing Cotton? Cotton production is more damaging than any of the crops given the number of terrible chemical issues with that crop.

Why not give up leather, beef, plastic,cars anything gasoline related?

Just whither up in an open space for all to see. You can pretend to help but you are more likely just going to waste peoples money and time.

Oh, and stay away from organic; it has high levels of bacteria!

Ronak

September 29, 2008 4:56 AM

I am looking for any information on Market trends and pricing of drugs in Non small cell lung cancer