Already a Bloomberg.com user?
Sign in with the same account.
Elan Corp PLC
Royal Dutch Shell PLC
KKR & Co LP
Gardner Denver Inc
Polyus Gold International Ltd
China Petroleum & Chemical Corp
Chesapeake Energy Corp
Pacific Andes Resources Development Ltd
MSC Industrial Direct Co Inc
Barnes Group Inc
1. The Japanese government will sell a stake in Japan Tobacco, maker of Winston and Camel brand cigarettes, for about $10.3 billion to cover reconstruction costs from the country’s 2011 earthquake.
2. RP Management, a London investment firm, has offered to buy Elan (ELN) for about $6.5 billion, challenging the Irish drugmaker’s plan to embark on its own acquisitions.
5. Russian billionaires Zelimkhan Mutsoev and Gavril Yushvaev paid $3.6 billion for Mikhail Prokhorov’s 37.8 percent stake in Polyus Gold International (PGIL), the country’s largest producer of the metal.
9. France’s PPR (PP) is selling two digital and catalog retailers of home goods and apparel that form part of its Redcats unit to a fund run by Swedish buyout firm Nordic Capital for $364 million.
10. A blood-stained sock worn by Boston Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling in the 2004 World Series against the St. Louis Cardinals fetched $92,613 at auction.