Already a Bloomberg.com user?
Sign in with the same account.
Deutsche Lufthansa AG
European Aeronautic Defence and Space Co NV
HSBC Holdings PLC
Great-West Lifeco Inc
Total System Services Inc
Netspend Holdings Inc
Office Depot Inc
Smith & Wesson Holding Corp
Sturm Ruger & Co Inc
2. In its largest acquisition, Orix (IX), a Japanese owner of leasing and insurance businesses, will pay $2.6 billion for control of the asset management unit of Dutch lender Rabobank Group.
3. Europe’s No. 1 bank by market value, HSBC Holdings (HBC), is selling its Panama unit to Bancolombia for $2.1 billion in an attempt to revive profit by focusing on fewer, more promising markets.
4. Seeking to expand its European operations, Canadian insurer Great-West Lifeco (GWO) will buy Irish Life Group from Ireland’s government for $1.7 billion.
5. Georgia-based payment processor TSYS (TSS) will acquire prepaid debit-card provider NetSpend (NTSP) for $1.4 billion to tap the market for customers who don’t have traditional bank accounts or credit histories.
7. The world’s leading provider of drug-trial services to pharmaceutical companies, Quintiles Transnational Holdings, filed to raise $600 million in an IPO in the U.S.
8. 1Malaysia Development, the state investment company also known as 1MDB, plans to buy the country’s coal-fired Jimah power plant for $548 million, says a person familiar with the matter.
10. A private collection of John F. Kennedy memorabilia, including his Air Force One leather bomber jacket, fetched nearly $2 million at auction.