Bid & Ask
M&A News: Vinci, Berkshire Partners, Lightower, Sidera, Avis, Zipcar
1. Portugal is selling its state-owned airport operator, ANA Aeroportos de Portugal, to Paris-based Vinci (DG:FP) for $4.1 billion. Vinci already runs airports in France and Cambodia.
2. Buyout firm Berkshire Partners will acquire Lightower Fiber Networks and Sidera Networks in a $2 billion deal. The companies’ customers include data centers and financial exchanges.
3. Bridas International, an oil holding controlled by Argentina’s billionaire Bulgheroni brothers, will invest $1.5 billion, together with the country’s No. 1 energy company YPF (YPF), to develop shale oil reserves in Patagonia.
5. Taiwan’s No. 2 publicly traded financial company, Fubon Financial Holding, is acquiring China’s First Sino Bank for $906 million.
6. In the biggest Japanese investment in a Vietnamese bank to date, Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MTU) will pay $743 million for 20 percent of VietinBank.
8. Avis Budget Group (CAR) will pay $491 million for car-sharing company Zipcar (ZIP), as short-term rentals become more important in the industry. Zipcar has more than 760,000 members in 20 cities in the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
10. Two sweaters hand-knit by Myanmar’s leader Aung San Suu Kyi more than two decades ago fetched $123,000 at an event to raise money for education and health projects in Myanmar.