Already a Bloomberg.com user?
Sign in with the same account.
American International Group Inc
Williams Cos Inc/The
Access Midstream Partners LP
Barry Callebaut AG
Petra Foods Ltd
Gilead Sciences Inc
Delta Air Lines Inc
1. A Chinese consortium is paying $4.3 billion for 80.1 percent of American International Group’s (AIG) plane-leasing unit in a bid to profit from growing air travel in Asia. The acquisition will be China’s biggest ever in the U.S.
4. An investor group led by private equity firm Siris Capital will pay $862 million for Reston (Va.)-based TNS, a provider of data communications for retailers, banks, and telecom companies.
5. Southeast Asia’s top lender, DBS Group Holdings, offered $850 million for a 30 percent stake in Singapore’s Marina Bay Financial Centre Tower 3, where the company is headquartered.
7. Delta Air Lines (DAL) is buying a 49 percent stake in Virgin Atlantic Airways for $360 million to boost its share of the lucrative trans-Atlantic market.
8. John Malone’s Liberty Interactive paid $300 million for 4.8 million shares of TripAdvisor (TRIP), gaining voting control of the online travel review company that was spun out from Expedia (EXPE) last year.
9. A rectangular-cut 50-carat diamond ring by Graff sold for $8.4 million at Christie’s New York Magnificent Jewels auction.
10. On opening day of Art Basel Miami Beach, billionaire Eli Broad snapped up a 1988 Jeff Koons sculpture of Buster Keaton on a horse. The asking price was from $5 million to $5.5 million.