Markets & Finance
Bid & Ask: HSBC, Freeport-McMoRan, KingSett Capital, ADM
3. Toronto-based real estate investor KingSett Capital will bid $4.4 billion for Primaris Retail Real Estate Investment Trust to add shopping malls in Canada.
5. Australia’s Woodside Petroleum (WPL:AU) will pay as much as $2.3 billion for a 30 percent stake in Israel’s Leviathan natural gas field as part of a joint venture with Noble Energy (NBL) and others.
7. Germany’s largest retailer, Metro (MEO:GR), is selling its Real grocery stores in Poland, Romania, Ukraine, and Russia to Groupe Auchan of France for $1.4 billion.
8. Blackstone Group (BX) affiliate BRE Select Hotels will pay $1.2 billion for Apple Six, a real estate investment trust that owns 66 hotels across 18 states, with brands including Courtyard by Marriott, Fairfield Inn, and Hilton Garden.
10. A letter, dated October 1812 and handwritten in code, in which French Emperor Napoleon Bonaparte vows to “blow up the Kremlin” sold for about $244,000 at a Paris auction.