Already a Bloomberg.com user?
Sign in with the same account.
HSBC Holdings PLC
Nomura Holdings Inc
Cisco Systems Inc
Rockwood Holdings Inc
Hudson's Bay Co
1. Seeking to cut costs and streamline operations, London-based HSBC Holdings (HBC) is in talks to sell its $9 billion stake in China’s Ping An Insurance.
2. Terra Firma Capital Partners, the firm founded by financier Guy Hands, is buying residential property company Annington Homes from Nomura International (NMR) in a deal worth $5.1 billion.
3. Turkey sold 24 percent of Halkbank for $2.5 billion, a sign that the country is attracting investment after its economy grew 8.5 percent last year.
4. Cisco Systems (CSCO), the world’s No. 1 maker of computer networking equipment, will pay $1.2 billion for San Francisco-based Meraki to add technology that helps businesses manage Wi-Fi networks remotely.
5. Morgan Stanley (MS) is close to buying and expanding the Metropolis shopping mall in Moscow in a deal valued at more than $1 billion, according to three people with knowledge of the talks.
6. Chengdu Tianqi Industry Group, a Chinese manufacturer of battery chemicals, made an unsolicited $675 million offer for Australia’s Talison Lithium (TLH), trumping a bid from Rockwood Holdings (ROC) of the U.S.
7. France’s No. 1 retailer, Carrefour (CRRFY), is selling its 60 percent stake in its Indonesian unit to local partner CT Corp for $671 million. Carrefour is also exiting Singapore, Greece, Malaysia, and Colombia as part of a turnaround plan.
8. Canada’s Hudson’s Bay (HBC), the 342-year-old retailer that was taken private in 2006, raised $366 million by selling an 18 percent stake in a public offering.
9. Germany’s government agreed to sell the residential arm of real estate management company TLG Group for about $275 million to reduce its deficit.
10. A felt bowler hat and bamboo cane, staples of Charlie Chaplin’s Little Tramp costume, fetched $62,500 at auction in Los Angeles.