Already a Bloomberg.com user?
Sign in with the same account.
Walt Disney Co/The
Telefonica Deutschland Holding AG
Clean Harbors Inc
Riverbed Technology Inc
1. Walt Disney (DIS) agreed to buy George Lucas’s Lucasfilm for $4.1 billion in cash and stock, adding Star Wars and Indiana Jones to a film library that includes Iron Man and Finding Nemo.
2. The board of Wisconsin-based truck maker Oshkosh (OSK) rejected a $3 billion unsolicited takeover bid from its billionaire activist director Carl Icahn, calling it too low.
4. Telefónica Deutschland Holding (O2D), the German unit of Spain’s No. 1 phone company, raised about $1.9 billion in Europe’s biggest IPO of the year, valuing the carrier at about $8.1 billion.
6. Real estate finance company Residential Capital accepted a $1.5 billion bid from Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A) for a portfolio of loans.
7. Clean Harbors (CLH), a provider of hazardous-water disposal, will acquire Safety-Kleen for $1.3 billion to expand in used-oil recycling and re-refining.
10. At an auction of memorabilia and artwork belonging to Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood and his ex-wife, a Stratocaster Wood played on stage fetched $60,800, and a lithograph of Eric Clapton by Wood went for $5,120.