Already a Bloomberg.com user?
Sign in with the same account.
Time Warner Inc
Deutsche Telekom AG
Crown Castle International Corp
Noble Group Ltd
Ocwen Financial Corp
1. Major League Baseball will get $6.8 billion from News Corp.’s (NWSA) Fox and Time Warner’s (TWX) Turner networks for the rights to broadcast games through 2021, say two executives familiar with the deal.
2. To raise money for wireless spectrum and network enhancements, Deutsche Telekom’s (DTE) T-Mobile USA will sell the rights to operate 7,200 cellular towers to Crown Castle International (CCI) for $2.4 billion.
4. Platinum Equity, the firm founded by billionaire Tom Gores, will purchase packaging company Bway Parent in a deal worth $1.2 billion.
5. Sydney-based mining company Arrium rebuffed a $1.1 billion offer from Noble Group (NOBL) and some South Korean investors, saying the bid was too low.
7. Ocwen Financial (OCN) will pay $750 million for Homeward Residential Holdings, which services about 422,000 mortgages, from billionaire investor Wilbur Ross’s WL Ross & Co.
8. Workday, a maker of software that helps manage office operations, filed to raise as much as $546 million in its IPO, expected to take place on Oct. 12.
9. Tokyo-based online gamemaker Nexon paid $468 million for closely held Gloops, the company behind games such as Japan Pro Baseball Card Battle.
10. Two guns found on the bullet-riddled bodies of Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow following their ambush by police in 1934 fetched $504,000 at auction. The Colt .38 had been taped to Bonnie’s thigh. The Colt .45 was removed from Clyde’s waistband.