Bid & Ask
Bid & Ask: The Deals of the Week
1. Russia raised $5.2 billion through the sale of a minority stake in Sberbank (SBER:RU), the nation’s largest lender, as part of a plan to reduce ownership in government-controlled companies.
2. Blackstone Group (BX) will buy Vivint for about $2 billion to gain home security, energy management, and solar power customers in more than 670,000 North American homes.
3. No. 1 supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, Dole Food (DOLE), will sell its worldwide packaged food division and its Asia fresh produce business to Japanese trading house Itochu for $1.7 billion.
4. Waste Connections (WCN) will buy subsidiaries of R360 Environmental Solutions for about $1.3 billion, adding oil field waste treatment services in the Permian, Bakken, and Eagle Ford basins.
5. Canada’s B2Gold (BTO:CN), which mines the precious metal in Latin America and Africa, will buy CGA Mining for about $1.1 billion to add production in the Philippines.
6. New Orleans-based EPL Oil & Gas (EPL) will acquire Gulf of Mexico fields from closely held Hilcorp Energy for $550 million.
7. Expanding into renewable energy, Beijing Development will purchase the power generation firm Green Energy Holding from China Green Energy for as much as $535 million.
8. China’s Meijin Energy Group offered $454 million for Australia’s Western Desert Resources (WDR:AU), which holds iron ore, gold, copper, and uranium deposits in the Northern Territory.
10. Aiming to attract more serious players, social gaming company Zynga (ZNGA) will pay as much as $25 million to acquire A Bit Lucky, the California-based developer of challenging, graphically rich games, say two people familiar with the deal.