Already a Bloomberg.com user?
Sign in with the same account.
Best Buy Co Inc
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co Ltd
ASML Holding NV
Koninklijke DSM NV
Silver Lake Resources Ltd
TD Ameritrade Holding Corp
Knight Capital Group Inc
Dean Foods Co
Time Warner Inc
1. Best Buy (BBY) founder Richard Schulze floated a plan to take the ailing electronics retailer private for $24 to $26 a share, an offer which values the chain at up to $9.5 billion, including net debt.
3. The world’s No. 1 vitamin maker, Royal DSM (DSM) of the Netherlands, will acquire Tortuga of Brazil for $576 million to bolster its animal-nutrition business.
5. A $400 million capital infusion from a group of investors including TD Ameritrade Holding (AMTD) and the Jefferies Group (JEF) saved market maker Knight Capital Group (KCG) from collapse after a computer glitch blew a hole in its balance sheet.
6. The maker of Silk almond milk, WhiteWave Foods, owned by Dean Foods (DF), filed to raise $300 million in a U.S. initial public offering.
7. In a bid to bolster its online sports coverage, Time Warner’s (TWX) Turner Broadcasting System division bought the Bleacher Report website for less than $200 million.
8. Bloomin’ Brands (BLMN), owner of the Outback Steakhouse restaurant chain, raised $176 million in its U.S. IPO, pricing shares below the proposed range.
9. Paulson & Co., the hedge fund run by John Paulson, paid $17 million for 875 acres in a resort community near Las Vegas, says a person familiar with the deal. Paulson will likely build homes on the raw land, then resell the properties.
10. The Heuer wristwatch worn by Steve McQueen for his role as an American racecar driver in the 1971 film Le Mans sold for $799,500, more than double a pre-auction estimate of $300,000.