Already a Bloomberg.com user?
Sign in with the same account.
Anheuser-Busch InBev NV
Grupo Modelo SAB de CV
Bristol-Myers Squibb Co
General Electric Co
EverBank Financial Corp
Micron Technology Inc
Ingram Micro Inc
1. Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD) will pay $20.1 billion for the 50 percent of Grupo Modelo (GMODELOC) it doesn’t already own. It plans to make Corona Extra a global flagship brand, a status currently reserved for Budweiser.
2. After failing to get approval for a new diabetes treatment in January, Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) will pay $5.3 billion for Amylin Pharmaceuticals (AMLN), the maker of two drugs currently on the market for the disease.
3. German industrial gas supplier Linde agreed to pay $3.8 billion for Lincare Holdings (LNCR), which provides oxygen and respiratory therapy services delivered to homes in the U.S.
7. To grow in the U.S., Brazil’s biggest card payment processor, Cielo (CIOXY), is buying Merchant e-Solutions, another payment processor, for $670 million.
8. The world’s largest distributor of technology gear, Ingram Micro (IM), agreed to acquire BrightPoint (CELL) for about $650 million, to expand its reach as a provider of mobile products and services.
9. Sony (SNE) plans to buy the U.S. gaming platform Gaikai for $380 million as the maker of PlayStation game consoles tries to expand its cloud-based entertainment services.
10. A 1929 Bentley single-seat racer that once reached 137 miles per hour was sold for $7.8 million, making it the most expensive Bentley ever sold at public auction.