Already a Bloomberg.com user?
Sign in with the same account.
Philip Morris International Inc
Chesapeake Energy Corp
Cairn Energy PLC
Starhill Real Estate Investment Trust
YTL Corp Bhd
Marriott International Inc/DE
1. Marlboro cigarette maker Philip Morris International (PM) will buy back $18 billion in stock over the next three years. The program, to begin in August, follows a $12 billion repurchase plan started in 2010, which will end ahead of schedule.
2. Chesapeake Energy (CHK), the U.S. energy explorer facing a $22 billion cash shortfall because of falling natural gas prices, is selling its pipeline interests to Global Infrastructure Partners for more than $4 billion.
3. EQT Partners will buy wound care company BSN medical from Montagu Private Equity for $2.3 billion, Germany’s largest buyout since July 2008.
4. Malaysia’s No. 1 independent power producer Malakoff is planning an IPO that may raise about $1 billion, say two people with knowledge of the matter.
5. Tokyo-based online gamemaker Nexon bought a $685 million stake in NCsoft to become the South Korean company’s biggest shareholder.
7. Permira Advisers, the private-equity owner of brands including Hugo Boss, will acquire conveying-equipment maker Intelligrated for about $500 million.
8. Starhill Real Estate Investment Trust (STRH), controlled by Malaysian builder YTL (YTL), is purchasing the Marriott (MAR) Hotels in Sydney Harbor, Brisbane, and Melbourne for $414 million to tap growth in Australia’s property market.
9. The world’s No. 1 producer of industrial gases, Air Liquide, will acquire the French operations of home care services and equipment company LVL Medical Groupe (LVL) for $395 million.
10. A double-barrel Parker Brothers shotgun once owned by Western sharpshooter and entertainer Annie Oakley fetched more than $143,000 at a “Legend of the Wild West” auction in Dallas.