Bid & Ask
Bid & Ask: The Deals of the Week
3. Temasek Holdings is selling a total of about $2.4 billion of shares in Bank of China (3988:HK) and China Construction Bank (939:HK) in Hong Kong, according to term sheets obtained by Bloomberg News.
4. Wolverine Worldwide (WWW), Golden Gate Capital, and Blum Capital Partners are buying Collective Brands (PSS) in a transaction valued at about $2 billion, and splitting up Collective’s businesses, which include Saucony and Keds.
5. Terra Firma Capital Partners is buying U.K. nursing-home operator Four Seasons Health Care for $1.3 billion.
6. Private equity firm Centerbridge Partners will pay about $1.1 billion for P.F. Chang’s China Bistro (PFCB), the biggest full-service Asian restaurant operator in the U.S.
8. Ascena Retail Group (ASNA), owner of Dressbarn, Maurices, and Justice clothing stores, will acquire Charming Shoppes (CHRS) for $890 million, gaining the Lane Bryant chain that specializes in women’s plus-size apparel.
10. A blue flannel New York Yankees baseball cap worn by Babe Ruth in the 1930s is on the block. It is worth $400,000, according to SCP Auctions, which is handling the sale.