AP News

Conn.: More than $28 million from feds for Sandy


HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — Connecticut says more than $28 million in federal assistance has so far been approved to help individuals with expenses related to Superstorm Sandy.

Gov. Dannel P. Malloy says Connecticut feels a strong impact from the damage from the storm that struck the Northeast on Oct. 29.

The state says more than 11,700 Connecticut residents in Fairfield, Middlesex, New Haven and New London counties, the Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation and Mohegan Tribal Nation have registered for federal disaster assistance.

About $10 million has been approved for housing assistance, including short-term rental assistance and home repair costs.

And more than $683,000 has been approved to cover other disaster-related needs, such as medical and dental expenses and lost personal possessions.


Cash Is for Losers
LIMITED-TIME OFFER SUBSCRIBE NOW
 
blog comments powered by Disqus