Kenneth Irvine Chenault
1951, New York City.
BA 1973, Bowdoin College; JD 1976, Harvard University.
Married to Kathryn Cassell Chenault, a nonpracticing lawyer. Two sons, Kenneth Jr., 9, and Kevin, 7.
FATHER'S ADVICE ON COPING WITH DISCRIMINATION
''You need to really concentrate on the things you can control, and what you can control is your own performance.''
CONFESSIONS OF A LATE BLOOMER
''It was not until I was 13 or 14 that I began to focus on academics, and not until my 20s did I think about going into business.''
AMEX CARD MEMBER SINCE...
...1976, his last year at Harvard Law School. His first card was gold.
Skiing, tennis, golf, swimming, reading biographies.
LEAST USED TALENT
Excellent baritone singing voice.
- COVER STORY: KEN CHENAULT: THE RISE OF A STAR
- COVER IMAGE: American Express' Ken Chenault: The Rise of a Star
- CHART: Amex Profits Take Off...And Its Stock Soars
- TABLE: A Day in the Life of Ken Chenault
- TABLE: Chenault's Accomplishments
- TABLE: Chenault's Key Challenges
- RESUME: Kenneth Irvine Chenault
- THE OTHER SIDE OF KEN CHENAULT
- INVISIBLE IN THE EXECUTIVE SUITE
- TABLE: CEO Material
- ONLINE ORIGINAL: AMEX SHARES: A SOLID CHOICE--BUT NOT INFALLIBLE
Return to main story