Jill Elikann Barad
1951, Queens, N.Y.
BA 1973, Queens College: English, psychology, drama
Married 19 years to Tom Barad, an independent movie producer. Children: Alex, 18, and Justin, 15
Working the cash register at grandparents' pharmacy
Playing Miss Italian America in Dino De Laurentiis film Crazy Joe
Three Barbie dolls are sold every second
Watching TV, musicals, movies; buying modern art
The Food Channel, Seinfeld, ER, The X-Files
FAVORITE PIECE OF ART
Andy Warhol painting of Barbie
MOST PAINFUL MOMENT
When her son's third-grade teacher finally met her and said: ''Oh. Alex really does have a mom''
NO. OF BARBIE DOLLS IN HER OFFICE
HOW SHE DESCRIBES HERSELF
''I am a Gemini, I am off the ground. I am definitely an air person. I am not calm. I am pretty stable, but I am out there, thinking all different things''
- MAIN STORY: THE RISE OF JILL BARAD
- COVER IMAGE: The Rise of Jill Barad
- TABLE: Barad on Women in the Workplace
- RESUME: Jill Elikann Barad
- CHART: Acquisitions Are Fueling Growth and Driving Up Mattel's Share Price...
- CHART: ...But Profits Still Depend on Barbie and Barbie Sales Are Slowing
- PHOTO: Jill Barad, at 10, about 20, and Now
- PHOTO: Party Barbie
- PHOTO: Casual Barbie
- PHOTO: Hot Wheels
- IF YOU CAN'T BEAT HER, JOIN HER
- ONLINE ORIGINAL: BEYOND BARBIE: MATTEL STILL LOOKS LIKE A GROWTH STOCK
Return to main story